After Work Art: Mindful Making
Art at Home
Set aside some time to connect with others and stretch your creative muscles. Local artist Anjum Olmo will guide us through mindful art making techniques to create beautiful handmade cards for your friends and neighbours. Immerse yourself in meditative painting and drawing at home. Make sure to bring a sense of adventure and humour, as you will be letting go, embracing imperfections and going with the flow.
Bookings for this workshop will close at 3pm on Friday 6 August. You will receive a Zoom link in the confirmation email once you have booked your ticket. To enjoy this creative session, please prepare the materials on the list below beforehand.
- A4 Card or Paper (4 sheets)
- Newspaper (A few sheets)
- Plastic bag
- Acrylic paints (3 contrasting colours, black and metallic gold or silver if possible)
- Assorted paint brushes
- Palette for paint and jar with water to keep your brushes clean
- Assorted drawing materials of your choice (metallic gel pens, pencils, posca pens, pastels)
- A few branches and sticks to draw with
- Letter opener or butter knife
- Paper weight
There is no set fee for this workshop, we invite participants to pay what you can when booking your ticket through our donation portal.
About Anjum Olmo
Anjum Olmo is an abstract landscape artist based in the Blue Mountains. She has an expressive and playful approach to her art practice, combining mark making, patterning and gestural application of colour.