Penrith Regional Gallery, Home of The Lewers Bequest is calling for applications for casual Art Tutors (also known as Gallery Educators), there are several roles available.
Primarily employed to work on Gallery workshop and education programs, casual Gallery Educators deliver programs taking place across a seven day week, including afternoons and evenings. Primarily located in the exhibition galleries, the studios and within the education office, Gallery Educators have a strong stakeholder focus.
Suited to a motivated, well organised individual who is both an able team player and able to work independently, casual Gallery Educators must be well presented, skilled communicators who are able to be the willing and friendly face of the organisation.
The casual Gallery Educator:
- provides professional education experiences at the gallery and acts as the interface between the Gallery site, exhibition programs and the Public
- assists in the delivery of Gallery workshops and education activities and events
- reports to and takes direction from the Gallery’s Education Manager; and
- works to support, and in collaboration with, other Gallery staff
Essential Selection Criteria
- Extensive experience in fine art or design practice
- Experience working with education audiences.
- Word processing – MS Office
- Current Working With Children Check and First Aid Certificate.
Fine Arts or Education Degree
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV and an application addressing the Essential Selection Criteria to Learning Coordinator, Gemma McKenzie-Booth.
If you’d like further information please email Gemma.
Closing date: Sunday 17 April 11.59pm.
Award/Rate: $29.59/ hr