LGA Level 3
$25.81 base + 25% casual loading = $32.26 per hour. Plus 11% super.
Penrith Regional Gallery, Home of The Lewers Bequest, is seeking applications for casual Venue Service Officers. There are several positions available, commencing as soon as possible.
If you are a motivated, well organised individual who is both an able team player, and able to work independently, this could be the role for you.
The Venue Service Officer position is primarily employed to work weekends, with some evening work as required by Gallery programs. This position is located at Reception with a strong customer focus. The Venue Service Officer must be well presented, be a skilled communicator, and be a willing and friendly face of the organisation. The role acts as the interface between the Gallery and Public, provides administrative and active support for the Gallery activities and events, works to support and in collaboration with other gallery staff, manages retail presentation and sales in the gift store and provides reception services including responding to public enquiries (visitor, email and phone).
The Venue Service Officer:
- Provides excellent Customer Service and acts as the interface between the Gallery and Public
- Ensures relevant and accurate information is communicated to visitors in a friendly and courteous manner
- Provides administrative and active support for the delivery of Gallery activities, programs and events
- Supports and collaborates with other Gallery staff
- Assists with retail presentation and sales
- Provides reception services – responding to public enquiries (visitor, email and phone)
- Handles necessary cleaning as required (such as COVID hygiene and other unplanned urgent cleaning)
- Assist with the set-up and pack down of events as required
Essential Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated ability to staff a busy reception area with competing priorities and good attention to detail.
- Demonstrated good customer service skills and understanding of what contributes to good visitor experiences in galleries
- Good attention to detail and ability to handle competing priorities
- Empathy and cultural awareness, an ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
- Problem solving skills with an ability to discuss and resolve problems internally and with visitors
- Interest in visual arts, craft, art galleries and/or museums
- First Aid Certificate
- Retail Experience and financial handling
- RSA (or willingness to obtain at appointment)
- WWC Check (or willingness to obtain)
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV and an application addressing the Essential Selection Criteria to the Venue Manager, Mychelle Vanderburg.
Closing date: Wednesday 6 September 2023