*Applications now closed*
Call for expressions of interest – Casual Visitor Service Officers
The Gallery site was gifted to the people of Penrith in 1980 by the family of artists Margo and Gerald Lewers. As a Gallery which welcomes up to 100,000 visitors a year, it remains true to its origins as a place of creativity and welcome.
The Casual Visitor Services Officer (VSO) position is primarily employed to work weekends, with some week days and evening work as required by Gallery programs. This position is generally located at Reception and in Gallery spaces across the site with a strong customer focus and consideration for a good visitor experience. The VSO must be well presented, be a skilled communicator, and be a willing and friendly face of the organisation.
- Provides good Customer Service and acts as the interface between the Gallery and Public
- Ensures relevant and accurate information is communicated to visitors in a friendly and courteous manner
- Provides administrative and active support for the delivery of Gallery activities, programs and events
- Supports and collaborates with other Gallery staff
- Assists with retail presentation and sales
- Provides reception services – responding to public enquiries (visitor, email and phone)
- Handles necessary cleaning as required (such as Covid hygiene and other unplanned urgent cleaning)
The VSO must be a motivated, well-organised individual who is both an able team player, and able to work independently.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated ability to staff a busy reception area with competing priorities and good attention to detail.
- Demonstrated good customer service skills and understanding of what contributes to good visitor experiences in galleries
- Good attention to detail and ability to handle competing priorities
- Empathy and cultural awareness, an ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
- Problem-solving skills with an ability to discuss and resolve problems internally and with visitors
- Interest in visual arts, craft, art galleries and/or museums
- Retail Experience and financial handling
- RSA (or willingness to obtain at appointment)
- WWC Check (or willingness to obtain)
- First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)