A Visual Arts Learning Program For Home Schooled Children 5 – 12 years
Penrith Regional Gallery, Home of The Lewers Bequest is offering an opportunity for home schooled children to participate in a program of four art appreciation and art making sessions inspired by the current exhibition and artworks in the Gallery’s permanent collection. This project will be delivered by the Gallery’s education team and supported by education students from Western Sydney University.
By participating in this program children will:
- gain an increased capacity to be meaningfully engaged in art appreciation with a focus on developing descriptive language and subject specific vocabulary.
- gain confidence in expressing their opinions about art and benefit from their experience of art appreciation as a social experience.
- learn strategies for engaging with artworks.
- have the opportunity to participate in a range of art making experiences informed by the focus artworks
- 5 – 8 years – mixed media
- 9-12 years digital animation.
The program consists of 4 two-hour sessions. Session will be a mixture of art appreciation and art making experiences.
The program costs are $120 per child and this fee includes all art materials. Creative kids’ vouchers accepted.
Parents don’t pay but do stay.
Limited places: Bookings essential, call 47351100
- Key Info:
- Dates & Times
19 Aug 2019 10:00 am
26 Aug 2019 10:00 am
02 Sep 2019 10:00 am
09 Sep 2019 10:00 am