Creative Portfolio Workshop
Visual arts workshop for new educators
This workshop has been developed to introduce a range of materials, techniques and projects suitable for delivery in educational contexts from early childhood to upper primary school. Four expressive forms will be explored and each component will include an introduction to materials, techniques and an art project adaptable to a range of themes and ages. The workshop will include an interactive gallery tour modelling a range of art appreciation strategies for children.
Expressive forms and themes
- Hand built clay forms – masks
- Simple printmaking – exploration of pattern making
- Drawing – still life – based on shapes
- Abstract Painting – colour mixing with a ‘game’ outcome.
- Clay: pinch pot, imprinting and sculpting
- Printmaking: mono-printing, foam plate printing and presentation
- Painting: application techniques, colour mixing, blending and masking
- Drawing: scaffolded methods for a range of drawing skill levels
All materials supplied, including an art journal
Bookings essential: 4735 1100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay by credit card over the phone, or in person at Gallery reception.
Naomi McCarthy, Manager of Education for more information