The health and safety of everyone at PP&VA venues remains our top priority, and we’re grateful to our community for working together to help keep everyone safe. We follow NSW Government Health advice as well as our own risk assessment processes and policies to ensure we are providing the safest conditions for our audiences, visitors, contractors, volunteers, students, staff and other personnel.
Here’s what you need to know about visiting Penrith Regional Gallery and Cafe at Lewers:
- We strongly recommend that all visitors be fully vaccinated.
- We strongly recommend face masks are worn by all over 12 (unless exempt) and are encouraged for those under 12 years of age as well.
- Please check in using our QR code – it’s not required but it helps in identifying exposure sites.
- We strongly recommend patrons to maintain a safe social distance, you may move to seats away from others once the audience is seated. If in doubt our friendly ushers are there to help.
- Our air conditioning system has a UVC system in place for added sanitation and safety; and
- By staying local, you decrease your travel and exposure to risk!
We encourage everyone to take precautions and to monitor your health to ensure we all stay safe.
What we are doing to help – And how you can help us:
- Masks and sanitiser will be offered to patrons, temperature checking may take place, and COVID-safe terms and conditions are published on our websites, with supplementary signage in our venues.
- Toilet facilities are available with safe distancing measures.
- Our floors will be marked to manage queuing and movement throughout.
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the venue.
- Posters with health & safety guidelines will be displayed in the venue.
- Furthering our existing high standards of cleanliness and hygiene protocols, Penrith Performing & Visual Arts has introduced routine measures of frequent cleaning before during and after events. This will include the frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces such as door handles, push plates, handrails, lift buttons, toilets and any other surface identified as being touched by people.
- Practise physical distancing wherever possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitiser (including before and after eating).
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow.
- Do not attend if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID and/or have been in contact with a confirmed case.
- Do not attend if you have been instructed by NSW Health to stay-at-home, within your LGA, or any other restriction.
- Remain in your allocated seat for the performance.
- We’d prefer you to use the print at home function for your tickets, or show them on your phone, although we can print tickets if necessary.
- Please be kind to our staff – they are there to help you enjoy your visit. Please don’t give them a hard time about the necessary changes to your Gallery visit.
- Please take some time to read our Terms & Conditions and our COVID Safe Plan for all our workshops before signing up.
Our Gallery Shop
- Queuing for payment at the counter will use 1.5m physical distancing.
- We encourage cashless payments.
- High touch surfaces will be sanitised after every use.
It is the responsibility of every individual to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
If you have experienced cold or flu like symptoms in the last 14 days, have a temperature and/ or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, it is our right to refuse you entry into our venue. The health and safety of our patrons and staff is extremely important to us. Please contact us before your event if any of the above applies to you.
We continue to closely monitor and adhere to the regulations and advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and in accordance with NSW Government guidelines. PP&VA’s COVID Safe plans will continue to evolve as the health advice changes. Please refer to NSW Health for ongoing COVID-related Public Health Order updates.