Penrith Regional Gallery, Home of The Lewers Bequest is a registered COVID Safe venue and we are now operating under strict new guidelines. Your health and safety is our priority.
Help us prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Practise physical distancing.
- Avoid close contact with other people.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitiser (including before and after eating).
- Sneeze or cough into elbow.
- Wear a mask.
- Do not attend if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID and/or have been in contact with a confirmed case.
- Do not attend if you have been instructed by NSW Health to stay-at-home, within your LGA, or any other restriction.
- As part of our COVID-safe measures, all visitors (patrons, artists, students, contractors, staff, volunteers and other personnel) must register their attendance on site using the QR Codes located near the entry points. Staff are available for assistance, and a manual option is available for those unable to register online.
- For events that require bookings, use the print at home function or show them on your phone. We will not be providing printed tickets unless in special circumstances, and in those cases we will minimise ticket handling for safety.
- Please be kind to our staff – they are there to help you enjoy your visit. Please don’t give them a hard time about the necessary changes to your visit at the Gallery.
- Please take some time to read our Terms & Conditions and our COVID Safe Plan for all our workshops before signing up.
What we are doing to help – And how you can help us:
- Capacity restrictions are currently in place. As a result our venue is operating at a reduced capacity which is being safely managed by our staff. The Gallery spaces and bathrooms have capacity limits that are clearly signposted.
- All visitors (patrons, artists, students, contractors, staff, volunteers and other personnel) must register their attendance on site using the QR Codes located near the entry points. Staff are available for assistance, and a manual option is available for those unable to register online.
- According to the latest update from NSW Health, all staff and visitors (12 years and older) must wear masks inside the Gallery.
- Patrons will have temperatures checked, and will be made aware of our COVID-safe terms and conditions on entry.
- Toilet facilities are available with safe distancing measures.
- Our floors will be marked to manage queuing and movement throughout.
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the venue.
- Posters with health & safety guidelines will be displayed in the venue.
- Furthering our existing high standards of cleanliness and hygiene protocols, Penrith Performing & Visual Arts has introduced routine measures of frequent cleaning before during and after events. This will include the frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces such as door handles, push plates, handrails, lift buttons, toilets and any other surface identified as being touched by people.
- Group bookings should only be from the same household group.
- Public programs and workshops will be ticketed. Patron contact details will be collected at time of purchase for contact tracing purposes. If you are booking tickets for a household group, you will be the main source of contact. Please also ensure that you take note of who you visit the Gallery with and confirm that you have means to contact them if asked. As always, all information is held in accordance with relevant privacy law requirements.
Our Gallery Shop
- Queuing for payment at the counter will use 1.5m physical distancing.
- Only two customers will be permitted in the Gallery Shop at one time.
- We encourage cashless payments.
- High touch surfaces will be sanitised after every use.
It is the responsibility of every individual to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
If you have experienced cold or flu like symptoms in the last 14 days, have a temperature and/ or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, it is our right to refuse you entry into our venue. The health and safety of our patrons and staff is extremely important to us. Please contact us before your event if any of the above applies to you.
We continue to closely monitor and adhere to the regulations and advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and in accordance with NSW Government guidelines. PP&VA’s COVID Safe plans will continue to evolve as the health advice changes.